Friday, November 11, 2011

Video Remix Project

I decided to change my idea a bit with the video remix project. I was originally going to create a video that would go hand-in-hand with my gay rights documentary, but when I was having trouble with that idea, I switched over to something that has been mentioned/talked about for years. I'm going to take the idea of gender roles, how kids perceive these ideas and where they are getting them from. With the idea of where they are getting them, I'm going to use various clips from Disney movies to show how they can be very stereotypical of what gender roles state.


So far, I have the project opening with a video of children being ask to put out (with dolls) various ideas and "stereotypes" that are associated with boys and girls. From there, I'm going to transition in montage of various disney clips. The clips used will show prime examples of gender roles and it'll be easy to see why they are being used and how kids could get these ideas from the movies. 



*I would just like to note, that I hope I don't offend anyone with the video. I know messing with Disney movies can be a touchy subject, but understand that just because I'm doing this project doesn't necessarily mean I agree with it 100%. :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment